China Trademark Renewal
The renewal is the way for you to continue use your trademark beyond the expiration of its validity period.
- The period of validity of a registered trademark is ten years, since the date of approval of the registration.
- The renewal will give the right to use the mark for the next ten years.
- The application for renewal can be file in 12 months before the expired date of validity, and a grace period of 6 months is allowed.
- If the trademark owner fails to renewal the mark even in the grace period, then the mark will be canceled.
Timeline of Renewal
- Examining for the search report.
- Examining for delay handing of application.
- The latest status report for your trademark.
- Document examining of your trademark case.
- The status & security report for your trademark (Quarterly report).
- Reminder for keeping proofs of commercial use.